Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Little Milestones



       Our Ella got her first haircut recently!  She strongly dislikes having her hair fixed, and her hair is so silky and fine that it falls right out soon after I fix it.  I use teeny tiny rubberbands that grip her hair, but she really doesn't like those!  We decided that we'd get her bangs cut so that "her pretty hair isn't covering her pretty eyes".   The hairdresser was afraid to give Ella all-out bangs, and since I was a little hesitant, too, she got a trim all around.   

 
     She was so cute sitting there for her haircut and she liked the results, but I think she's not too happy that I still have to do something with her hair to keep it out of her face.  Our biggest method for hair fixing now is distraction.  There's a little Russian show called "Luntik" (about a little creature that fell from the moon).  It's about 5 minutes long- the perfect length of time for Ella to watch while I fix her hair.  It's so funny because if someone else fixes Ella's hair, she'll sit very sweetly for them and we all ooh and ahh about how pretty it is.  But 9 times out of 10 she goes into her room and pulls it all out a few minutes later.


     In other family news, Anneka lost her two front teeth!  Her friend, Matty, lost his two front teeth, too.  We got a picture of them together before his grew back.


I just love how kids look with missing teeth.  So funny and cute!

3 comments:

Irene Gustafson said...

Fun pics, pretty girls. Hugs to you all, GrandMama Irene

Anonymous said...

I showed gma the blog. She wants you to come back...and stay.

This Is The Day said...

Love the two front teeth gap! So cute! S has never had a haircut either. The only way I can fix hair is to play Disney clips off Youtube. Works really well. :)