Tuesday, January 28, 2014

...more of our apartment tour


     Okay, so a looooong time ago, I showed you some pictures from our apartment and told you that I'd show you the rest of the apartment in an upcoming blog.  Well, today you get to see our room.  It is rare that it's without clothes hanging on drying racks.  I suppose that would make for an interesting picture, but definitely not a calm picture.  We have a nice big closet to the right (it's rare for Russian apartments to have built-in closets.  Most people have wardrobes.  We also have covered balcony off of our room.  Our apartment is so hot that the door to the balcony is usually open.  I set a cup of milk on the windowsill recently and it had ice in it soon after.  But a little ways away from the door makes for the perfect temperature.  The balcony is great for storage and extra freezer space (refrigerator in the late spring and early fall). 

     Lately, Anneka falls asleep in our bed in the evening and we move her.  This way she and Ella fall asleep faster (instead of staying up too late talking).  Anneka and I have a tradition in the evening of reading The Boxcar Children books together.  We bought the first 5 on kindle, but then when Juli was here, she gave us a HUGE box of dozens of Boxcar Children books.  We're stocked for a long time!

     Usually Leif and I will be awoken in the morning by Ike or Ella.  They climb into bed with us and kiss us awake.  Leif taught the kids that that's the nice way to wake someone up.  And it sure is!  If they come in too early, then we let them crawl in.  We try to be really still and not make eye contact so they'll fall back asleep.  =)

     Lately, we've been locking the door to our room during our home group/ Bible study.  We don't want them jumping on the bed and getting hurt (or breaking the bed like they broke Ike's crib).  Last week the door somehow got opened and one of the guest kids dumped my basket of nice folded laundry all over the room.  And lots of things from our drawers were strewn about.  This week I'll be more on top of making sure it stays locked!  Ike's crib is gone now, too, so that room should be safe(r).  =)

 

2 comments:

This Is The Day said...

I love the chandelier sticker(?)! So cute! Your room looks very calm and relaxing...at least in this picture, but I guess it wouldn't with clothes hanging everywhere. :) I always want my bedroom to be calm and relaxing but it's always messy and chaotic. I need to get it figured out one of these days.

Irene Gustafson said...

Beautiful! Love and hugs, Mama Irene