Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Settling in to Winter

 
     Winter is officially here.  It's been -30 this week, and it's dark until almost 10:00am.  We've pulled out all of our many, many layers and have them heaped on a chest by the door for when we go outside.  Leif was gone last week at a seminar for pastors and local leaders on how to write sermons.  It was a really good week for him and the other men there.  And God took good care of us at home, too!  Nettie and Renata each spent a night here so I didn't have to bundle all 3 kids before 8:00am on two of the mornings.  It was so nice to have that time with them.  And the other mornings we had this handy-dandy sled that I just pushed them all on.  (I took this picture before the super cold days).
 
    Things have quickly returned to busy/normal.  We've had a cold run through our family, and we're a little worn down.  It's nice to have some Thailand memories to brighten our days!  Here are some fun ones of our family jumping on the beach:
 
 






 

2 comments:

Irene Gustafson said...

Praise God for continuing to take care of you all in such cold weather. I'm so glad you have such super friends that help care for the kids with you. I remember the "jumping pics" and our fun in Thailand. God bless you all and I love you all sooooooooo much! Hugs, Grandmama Irene

This Is The Day said...

Oh brr...I remember it getting down that low a long time ago and my shoes freezing to the sidewalk as I carried things back and forth to the house from the car. No fun! I hope you guys stay warm and have an early spring!

P.S. Love the jumping pictures!