Over the past few weeks, we've gotten to know this lady who sells kvas in our neighborhood. She is going to college in the school year and working over the summer. She has two small children who are in the village with her mom over the summer, and she misses them so much! We visit her several times a week and really like her. Anneka especially likes this lady because she gives Anneka free kvas.
Kvas is very popular in the summer. It's best explained as fermented bread water. If you want to make some for yourself, put pieces of bread in a pan of water, add a little sugar, and place it on the windowsill for a few days- Whal-la! You have kvas.
This lady knows textbook English but wants to have some practice speaking it. I've agreed to be a sort of language partner for her. So far we've just spoken in Russian to one another, but she will come over to our place for practice in English.
I'm excited about this relationship. I love how God brings people into our lives when we least expect it!
2 comments:
Does it actually taste good? That sounds pretty gross. :{ I'm glad she is open to coming to your place! Will be praying for opportunities to witness to her.
Praise God for the wonderful opportunities you find and how you embrace them. I'm not so fond of kvas, but good for you and the kids.
Post a Comment