I called probably 11 different people last week, trying to find someone who could braid Anneka's hair for her end-of-the-year program for her school. I finally found someone (the young roommate of Maria- the lady who Anneka is pictured with). When we went over there, I was met with encouragement. This other lady and man had come in from the village for a visit. They were filled with joy, and this man was so EXCITED about his relationship with Jesus. He has only been a Christian for a few weeks, but he shared about how transformed his life has been. He said that he had been an alcoholic and had been obsessed with women, but now he his heart is free. He said he doesn't even think about those things in the same ways.
While we were there, they asked me to sing a song. Anneka came into the kitchen about that time with her beautiful hair, and we sang together, "Alleluia, God is holy". We all prayed together, and they gave me some passages of scripture to pass out to others. We were only there a short time, but it was encouraging to see people so alive and excited. I feel like so many people here live defeated lives- even a lot of Christians. And it's easy for us to feel defeated at times, too. Lately, I've been really struck by how much defeat and discouragement come from believing lies- about who we are, about who God is. When we focus on the amazing truths of who He says we are and who He is, we are FREE and ALIVE! How we want to share this wonderful news with others!
The other day when we were out shopping as a family, Ella sang over-and-over, loudly, in Russian: "God's not dead, no, He's alive!" At first I was a little embarrassed, but then I thought about how cool it was what she was singing... and in a language that people could understand. It's so true- God's not dead, He's alive. And He wants to bring health and healing and water to this dry and weary land.
3 comments:
Praise God, what wonderful encouragement. Love that Ella has such a joyful singing heart for God. Love and hugs, Grand Mama Irene
That's awesome! One of the things we pray about with the girls when praying for all our missionaries is encouragement and clearly seeing God's hand moving! Love Ella's singing! I bet God used that to touch some hearts!
Wow! That's wonderful! Thank you. I remember our kids sharing Jesus so openly with Muslim friends' children, and it was moving and powerful to see the freedom and joy they lived then. How encouraging to hear these stories, and what a cool thing that happened to your neighbor's visitor!
Post a Comment