A couple of weekends ago, several people from our team went the Zaigraevo to help the Ratinovs in building their house. The government gives families the equivalent of about $10,000 for having a second child (an incentive to raise the population), but it can only go towards education or in improving your home. The R's have to have their house all closed in by the end of December to receive this money next year, so we wanted to help them out. The kids played on sleds while the men (and woman) worked. Here's Vera, pushing Ella on our sled.
It was cold that day... if I remember right it was -24 degrees. Here are the kids, pulling the sleds up the hill. Anneka was so sweet to pull Ella, and Ella was very appreciative!
They definitely made progress on the house!
Ike slept in the stroller. He was dressed in many layers, but I still think I had him out too long, as his little appendages were cold when I brought him in. He didn't complain, though, and thankfully our family all continues to be healthy!!
1 comment:
So glad you guys are staying healthy! So interesting that they are incentivizing to raise the population when you are so close to China who is doing the opposite!
Post a Comment