Friday, June 01, 2012
Watering Seeds
Living in a 10-story apartment building, our kids don't get to just run out in the backyard to play without the accompaniment of an adult. They don't get to experience having a dog or a garden. So I'm always really happy when we visit people (especially Inka!) who have these luxuries. We visited Inka in Zaigraevo on Wednesday and the girls helped her water her garden.
All three kids just love being outside. Ella is always bringing us our shoes, saying "outside! outside" and she squeals with glee when we agree. Ike falls asleep pretty much immediately upon exiting any building. It's hard to tell in this picture, but Ella lately has wanted three pigtails in her hair. She's our little triceratops.
I love the analogy of seeds and how they grow slowly with water and soil and sunshine. The growth is imperceptible, but very definite. It's a good reminder to me as we live and work here. And it's a good reminder to me as we pour into our kids... we're watering those seeds that will one day grow into wonderful plants that bear vegetables and fruit.
It was warmer outside than inside. It was 63F (17.3C) inside and even though the official temperature was colder oustide, the sun felt so nice and warm on our faces.
Inka and Ike- a moment outside when he was awake!
We all like this swing!
... and Ella liked pushing me on the swing.
After a lovely lunch with Inka we hiked up the hill and looked out over the city, praying for the people there. God loves them so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh I'm so happy to see you all getting to be with Inka and experience her wonderful home and garden. I love gardening, too, and agree it has many parallels to God working in the lives of His people. Love you all, Grand Mama Irene
That's so nice that you have Inka's house to do that kind of stuff in! I feel for you not being able to send the kids outside. I've decided that's my new favorite thing about summer. :)
Post a Comment