It's been so nice to have "Baba and Grampa" here. Here are a few little glimpses of some times together this past week.
I'm so excited- my dad is painting us a picture to go in our new apartment! He set up a little "studio" on our balcony. Yesterday and today the weather was nice, but earlier this week the temperatures were very cold! He got some inspiration from a village we traveled through earlier this week. We bought a ton of potatoes so that Dad could take pictures of people selling their produce along the side of the road. =)
Last Saturday and today were work days for the whole church. Dad helped the guys put up sheet rock in a room that will soon be for the kids during the service. Today they finished the ceiling. On a side note, my dad wished he'd had his camera today when Denis (a Russian guy from our church) cut up the meat for the soup with his skill saw on the work table. Dad and mom have both really enjoyed whenever we have Russian food.
Anneka plays SO nicely outside during the work days! She loves to explore, dig in the mud, pick vegetables from the garden (the ones that she is told to), and find strange pieces of fabric and wrap them around her head. This week I (Jami) helped clean the inside of the church while Dad did the construction and mom stayed home with Ella.
Leif is in a village this weekend for meetings, but last weekend he and Dad and Anneka went to the church while Mom, Ella, and I went shopping. There is a new shopping center here that feels like North America! It was very fun to go there and have lunch with my mom while Ella slept in her stroller.
Anneka loves for her Baba to read to her before her rest time and bedtime. My mom brought some of my old Berenstain bear books, and Anneka is just eating them up!
The girls love tickles and fun games with their grampa! As I type, Anneka is all snuggled in bed, sleeping between my parents. She was just delighted to go to bed! It'll be interesting to see how much sleep they get tonight. She's quite the squiggler!
2 comments:
Great pictures! So happy Baba and Grandpa get to visit! It will also probably make the transition a little easier on the girls, to have some (recently) familiar faces, when you guys come back!
I've looked and shared these posts with Grandma and Grandpa, Gwen and I think the rest of the family. I thought I'd posted, but checked and either forgot to press publish, or just forgot. Anyway it looks like you've been very busy creating lovely memories and working hard, too, as usual. God bless you all and may you enjoy every moment together. Love & prayers, GrandMama Irene
Post a Comment