Monday, July 25, 2011

Washing Babies and Making New Friends



Anneka lately has been very attached to her baby dolls. Usually at least one of them (if not both) is under her arm at any given time. And if she's not holding on to them, she makes sure that one of us will babysit them. If we neglect her babies by leaving them alone in a room, she gets quite upset. Because these babies travel so much, they get very dirty... in the sand, on the ground by the outhouse, in muck by the river, etc. I told her that we should give her babies a bath by putting them in the washing machine. "No!", she exclaimed, "You would never put a real baby in the washing machine!" I convinced her to give them baths in a little tub. But when I suggested hanging them on the clothesline outside she said, "No! You would never hang a real baby on a clothesline!" She enjoyed washing her babies and after bedtime, I gave them another "special bath". Nice and clean.

This week I got together with another mom that I met at a playground awhile ago. I was so happy and surprised that she called me! She invited me and Anneka over to her apartment (Ella, too, but I left her home with Gramma). Anneka was shy at first but then warmed up when the little boy (4 years) accidently let the parakeets out of the cage and they flew around the room. And when she got to play with all of his boy toys, especially his machine gun. While they played, I had a great conversation with Irina! I look forward to continuing this friendship, as she lives very close to where we'll be moving in August. I love how God places people into our lives, even when we don't expect it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anneka's a funny girl...love her! Yes, it is so neat how the Lord has given you a friend that lives close to your new place...and she is reaching out to you! Baba