Sunday, June 26, 2011

Time In Irkutsk



After our trip to Germany, we spent a couple of days in Irkutsk. We saved quite a bit on plane tickets to fly into there instead of Ulan-Ude AND we got to spend with with our friends, Alex and Yulia! They were very warm and welcoming and forgiving of our extreme jetlaggedness. We orginally thought that we'd take the night train to Ulan Ude the same day we flew in, but our bags were lost (even after a 4-hour check-in in Moscow)... so we got to spend two days with our friends (and wear their clothes).




The weather was sunny and hot, and they took us to this fun fountain.






In Washington where we're from, there's an espresso stand on every corner. In Siberia, there's an ice cream stand on every corner. It's creamy and wonderful. Hard to resist.





Alex and Yulia both were so sweet with our girls. They must have played hide and seek with Anneka a bizillion times, and Ella took to both of them.

It was really nice to have this place of transition before stepping back into our life and ministry in Ulan-Ude right away.



Thank you, Alex and Yulia, for a wonderful time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh more wonderful pictures! I think I'd be for for the icecream stands on every corner (not a coffee fan). Take care and I hope to skype with you soon. Love ya, GrandMama Irene

Katrina said...

Hi there, I stumbled along your blog on a missions blog website. I am doing missions work in Chita (but home now in America for the summer). Just thought I'd say hi..always nice to come across other foreigners who are in Siberia! :)