Well, it's official- I looked in my pictures and didn't see any conference pics. I guess you can tell what stage of life I'm in when all of my pictures revolve around the girls and not historical sights or special events. Leif felt that his team leader training course was good and was valuable to hear what is going on with other teams and to connect with other team leaders. And the SEND Eurasia time was a great time of connecting with others from Russia, Ukraine, and Central Asia, hearing good teaching from 2 Corinthians, and seeing the kids enjoy other kids and be a part of a great kids program. We stayed on the campus of Brake Bible College. They had this Papa bunny that the kids liked to feed lettuce to. It's the biggest bunny I've ever seen!!! Ella watched the other kids feed the bunny and then 2 days later when I was there with her alone, she picked up a leaf and fed it all on her own. She totally knew what to do.
On Sunday afternoon of the Eurasia Conference, they organized buses for us to go on an excursion! Most people with kids chose the bird park. Anneka loved feeding many of the birds and holding a couple of them. And both girls really liked petting the goats. One tried to eat my dress!
My FAVORITE part of the conference was getting to see Elisabeth! She was part of our team here in Ulan-Ude up until 2 years ago when she moved back to Germany to be the Women's Dean of Brake Bible College. She had us over to her apartment, and it was just SO GOOD to be with her again! Anneka remembered her and took to her again right away. Elisabeth used to live right across the hall from us, and we miss her!
On the last afternoon, Elisabeth invited her family for us to see and spend time with. It was fun to see her parents, sister her family and sister-in-law and her kids and to talk with all of them.
This is Elisabeth's nephew, Samuel. We always used to joke that he was Anneka's future husband, as they would each watch video clips of each other over the computer and get very excited. Anneka used to go over to Inka and Elisabeth's and say "boy! boy!" and point at the computer until they showed her a video of little Samuel. On this day, they finally got to meet in person. Here, Samuel had dropped something on the ground and they were both looking for it. His little brother is Ella's age, so she had a boyfriend, too!
4 comments:
Oh my word that bunny is huge! I am also in that stage of life where we do an event and I realize later that I only have pics of the kids. :) One day we will get back to "normal". Haha:)
All right girls, let me tell you if the grandkids are around I still have the problem of getting their pics first--so what's normal? Elizabeth looks cut with dark hair, I think it makes her look like she could be your sister Jami. God bless & love, Mama Irene
MISS YOU!!! It was soooo good to have you here!!!
little boy - friends that's so sweet :) Aww this is fun to read about the adventures!
Post a Comment