Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Dough Roast



As team leader, Leif regularly meets with team members to see how they're doing and help out in any way he can. Last week, our whole family got to go with him to Ziagraeva to see Melly! Her electricity had been out most of the day, but turned on just before we got there. She made us a lovely cherry chocolate cake and it was nice to get the time with her. After a few hours with Melly, we had dinner with her and the Ratinkov family. Valeri (that's a man's name here) will be the pastor of the church that they're in the process of planting there. Melly taught us her fun tradition of roasting dough on a thick stick, then roasting a hot dog and sticking it in the center. We also put things like sticks of cheese and veggies inside. Mmmm!

There's a law right now against campfires in nature until July 1st. There's even a law against walking in the woods until July 1st! We know someone who got a fine. He tried to pay it and couldn't find the office. Then the police came to his home at 10:00 at night to tell him to pay his fine. He told them he would love to, to please tell him where to go to pay it. And there was no definitive answer. Anyways, it was nice to be at a private residence and have this dough roast. =)


Anneka liked playing with Vera and Vitya. At one point she dumped sand down Vitya's back (and it was a cold day, and he had a bad cough and his mom didn't want to give him a bath). I misunderstood when Tasia told me what had happened... I thought he'd gotten sand all over himself. I said something to the effect of, "Eh, it happens." When I saw the look on her face, I immediately realized that my daughter was the culprit and apologized profusely- both for her and my language blunder! Thankfully she was gracious!



I gave Ella a big chuck of the roasted dough (bread) and she loved it. She wants food that she can feed herself. She doesn't really like to be spoon fed. She's much to grown up for such things.

2 comments:

This Is The Day said...

Lol, I love the "eh, it happens". Glad it turned out okay. :)

Ella is SO cute! She is getting to be such a big girl!

Anonymous said...

Lark also really wanted to feed himself (and Gwen, too). Isn't it funny how these little ones have there own little personalities so young? Love you all and the great stories and pics, too. GrandMama Irene