We had a church work day last Saturday, and Leif took Anneka with him to help clean up the property. (I kind of thought it may be hard to do any work while holding a baby. And I didn't really want Ella crawling all over nails and dirt). Pictured above is a gigantic cement telephone pole that had been buried on our church property. It was SO heavy! The guys had to dig underneath it in order to strap ropes around it. They heaved and hoed and finally hauled it away.
Martina took this picture of Anneka with these buckets. The kids had a blast helping and playing outside! I had cleaned our apartment while Anneka and Leif were gone, and as soon as they entered through the door, our place smelled like really bad smoke (from a fire they had to burn up debris). Ah, well. This time of year it's impossible to keep anything clean. We have huge dust storms that leave piles of sand and dirt all over the windowsills and throughout the apartment.
Here's Leif hauling water. There's a well about a block away from the church. Water soon becomes a precious commodity when there's labor involved in retrieving it! On Sundays when Anneka pets the cat or touches the floor and gets black hands, I help her wash her hands by letting just a trickle out of a special little spout. We talk about preserving water because someone has to go out and get it.
Tomorrow is another church work day. Leif invited Anneka to go with him again. But today she hurt her foot on the playground and was limping hours afterwards. Leif and I were talking about it- it doesn't look swollen, but we also don't think a 3-year old could fake a limp that well. Hopefully she'll be better by morning and back to her running self!
2 comments:
Poor little Anneka, I pray her foot will be all better soon. What a great helper she is. You all work so hard and sre so giving. Love ya, GrandMama Irene
what a day of getting stuff done! I like your patience with cleaning and well things can't stay as clean we'd like. I give you a high five for hard work-I constantly clean and someimtes just have to "relax" and do my quiet time-i get obsssive with cleaning lol! Thinking of you all!
Post a Comment