Friday, January 07, 2011

Bundling

When Anneka was a baby, I did a bundling blog. So it's only fair that ELla gets one, too. Of course, bundling two girls now to go anywhere takes forever. On this day, I was in a hurry, so I had to redo a couple of things after I took the pictures. You'll see! =)

Layer 1 (Diaper):




Layer 2 (onesie):


Layer 3 (long sleeved shirt and tights):


Layer 4 (dress, bloomers, and thick tights... of course if she doesn't have a dress it could be another shirt and some stretch pants):


Layer 5 (hat and warm booties... or really thick socks):


Layer 6 (sweater and more pants... I realized I forgot to put on warm pants over her tights so I added those and just packed the booties which I just put on once we were at church. Anneka took Ella's hat off before I snapped this picture and I didn't realize it right away, so I added it later, but kids wear 2 hats):



Layer 7 (wool hat to cover head and neck, fleece suit... sometimes we use a fur hat, but always a fleece snowsuit) This is when Ella becomes really unhappy. And because we have another little girl who can be pokey in getting ready, Ella is often in all of her clothes much longer than she'd like before we go outside. She gets so hot! As Anneka said yesterday, "I'm all sweaty because I have my outside clothes on":



Layer 8 (we call it the "puff mama" snowsuit. This is size 2T. Anneka wore it when she was walking. Ella already grew out of her other nice snowsuit. Our friend, Lena, sewed up the legs so that no air can get in. Toasty, toasty:



Layer 9 (scarf! Now she's really tortured. As soon as we walk outside, all is okay. But the waiting is torture. Poor girl!)


I didn't fully zip her snowsuits for the pictures as I was hurrying, and ths scarf is on haphazardly. But you get the picture! =) This is why it's a big deal to go anywhere with both girls and why it takes 40 minutes to take out the garbags.

Oh, and Russians bundle their kids far more than we do!!

7 comments:

Christian said...

Wow! Thats amazing.

Gina said...

wow wow wow wow! what more COULD your russian friends do to bundle? how do you even carry her like that with so many clothes on??? :)

Anonymous said...

I loved the time you showed this for Anneka, as it gives us a better picture of the job you have to do to get ready for going anywhere in the winter! In fact I was explaining this to some of my friends at church today. May God continue to be with all of you as you live through the winter again with two little ones to help dress and get ready. And you haven't really let us know what all's involved in getting yourselves ready, too. Love, Grandmama Irene

Cheryl Bockus said...

In the last picture, even though her face is TOTALLY covered, i can just imagine that little Ella is still whimpering away in there... Lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness this gave me a good laugh. To see her sweet smiling face and then as she got more bundled the overwhelmingness of it all is shown on her face. I love you guys. Thanks for posting the Bundle Blog.:)-Elaine

This Is The Day said...

Oh goodness. I forgot about that blog of Anneka! I can't believe you have to have that many layers and go through all that just to go outside! That must be very difficult to carry them once they are all bundled. Poor thing. She looked so sweet though. :)

Cheryl Bockus said...

If she were a little rounder, you could roll her around. :-)