Friday, January 07, 2011

С Рождеством Христовым!



January 7th is Christmas in Russia! We celebrated today by going to church for a service. Anneka enjoyed holding the church cat for part of the time.





These girls/ladies prepared several special songs and skits about Christmas.




After the service we enjoyed a feast togehter as a church. I didn't' get everyone in the picture. This one's a little blurry, but Anneka is in it (we're teaching her to cough into her arm, as you can see evidenced here).



We didn't have plates or napkins, and some of us shared forks, but it didn't matter. We enjoyed the time together, the homemade foods that people made (including different fish pastries and meat gelatin) and celebrating Christ's birth!






Here's one of the fun songs that was sung... the tune of "Jingle Bells", but the message about God. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Anneka on covering your sneeze--just like we teach at school. I take it Anneka isn't allergic to cats like her parents. As usual love the pics and words describing your life there.

Anonymous said...

Church cat...that is brilliant. I think this idea will revolutionize American churches!!!