(photo by Anneka Gustafson)
I am amazed at how God opens opportunities for us to talk with people and be an encouragement and to share a little bit of Christ with them. Having worked with Campus Crusade for Christ in the past, I have heard countless stories of how Bill Bright (the founder of Campus Crusade for Christ) got on a plane somewhere, struck up a conversation with the person or persons next to him, and before the plane landed that person had given their life to Christ. I loved the boldness and urgency that he showed in his life, and have always sought to love the Lord with a similar zeal and passion. I am in Michigan this week at a SEND conference and will spend a couple days at our home office to connect there too. I am by myself because it seemed insane to bring a toddler and a 6 week old here, so Jami is home with the girls enjoying some good time with her mom. Unfortunately, I missed being with her for her birthday yesterday :(. But on the flight here, I used Bill Bright's inspiration and began to talk with the guy next to me on the airplane. His name is Justin and we had a really good conversation. I can't say that I took a guy that didn't know Christ and brought him to a place of reckless abandon for God, but I had a chance to encourage a guy that has a history in the church and is dealing with ideas of religion as he interacts with his girlfriend's parents who are ultra-conservative. It was such a good time to talk with him about God and about how we worship Him and how the truly important thing is to worship God both in spirit and in truth. Justin lives pretty close to us in the Spokane area, and he gave me his email. I hope that we will get a chance to talk more. Please pray for this new friend of mine, as well as for his girlfriend and her parents.
1 comment:
Love you Leif for working so hard to reach out for Jesus. I see you and Jami doing amazing things to show by example and live for our Lord. God bless you on the rest of your time in Michigan and trip home. Can't wait to see you all here! Love, Mama Irene
Post a Comment