Well, I (Jami) caught Leif's cold. And it's not a fun one! Yesterday all I did was sit and blow my nose and wipe my eyes and make lunch and dinner for Anneka and I was wiped out. And this morning, Anneka woke up sneezing a lot. Leif was the HERO yesterday, though. He took Annneka to church with him in the morning so that I could rest. (all of this was before he spent all afternoon- into the evening- registering the family that has come to visit). I took a bath at Inka's because the drain in our bathroom is broken and we can't do laundry or shower right now. Leif tried to remove the old one to put in a new drain, but it's STUCK and he doesn't want to rip something out that shouldn't come out! Unfortunately, our landlord is out of town for a few days and our apartment maintenance hasn't been there when we've called. So we wait. I realize how much I appreciate laundry and hot showers when I'm sick- to steam open my nose and to wash all of our snotty stuff.
Leif took this little video clip of Anneka last night.
This picture was taken a few minutes after the neighbors called and said that we were flooding their bathroom. Anneka and I had been taking a bath together and had a lovely time having a tea party (she loves to pour the water into her teapot and teacups). I'd drained some of the water and added some warm when it got cold... apparently that's when the flood began to happen. It's paneled off under our bathtub, that's why it's so hard to get under there. And there's a lot of uneven cement that covers everything. Not fun stuff!
2 comments:
We loved the video (Gwen, Clay and I). So sorry to hear about the extra problems and the rest of you getting the cold. We prayed at church for all of you. Hope things get easier. We'll try to skype you again a little later. Love, Gwen, Clay and GrandMama Irene
I am always bragging about you guys, you are such an example of being sold out, no matter what the cost. Praying for protection and God's provision, and so excited to hear the baby news. Have you thought about the name Laura?
Post a Comment