Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sundays



The last few Sundays, I get Anneka all bundled up over an hour before church and walk her in the stroller until she falls asleep. Then I sit on this little bench and pray and read. It's such a serene time of day/week, and it's nice because then Anneka gets her morning nap. (she can't sleep at church, so this is our solution that seems to work pretty well).



This is what Anneka looked like before I put her in the stroller. She loved being all bundled up because she was tired. But on the way home from church, she was not at all happy about the situation. So we pulled her little arms out... and they turned to popsicles. But she was a happy popsicle.

After church, a couple of guys from the neighborhood came to the door and asked if Leif wanted to play basketball with them. They played and then a larger group played ultimate frisbee. Leif invited them to the youth club tonight. It'd be cool if some of them came. This sports court has been a wonderful way to connect with people!



A year ago, this is what our little family looked like. At that time, I didn't think I looked very big and thought people may not know I was pregnant. Now I look and my belly looks HUGE! I showed Anneka where she used to live. She didn't really seem to care, but she really likes playing with my belly button (and Leif's). It's her new fixation. Her entire first birthday (this Friday) will be on a train. I told her and she doesn't mind. What a nice baby.

4 comments:

Elaine Ray said...

Anneka looks so happy all bundled up. I love that picture of you reading on the bench. It's very poetic and introspective. Wow it's amazing what can happen in one year. Love you guys. I'm starting the visa process. Hopefully it works out. Have fun on the train.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up. It is good Anneka is so low-key about her bday. Of course, this could change in the future--when she knows what it is and all. :) Ha-ha. You were such a cute pregnant lady. And I LOVE Anneka's "Leif" face. What a cutie pie.

anita

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to talk to you all yesterday and see these blog pics and wonderful words. I continue to pray the bday train trip is amazingly wonderful and suprisingly nice. My little granddaughter is so flexable and happy. No suprise to me with such great parents! Love you all soooo much, GrandMama Irene

Bryon, Sara, Rylan and Ayla said...

I've been doing a lot of reminiscing too about what our live were like just a year ago. I can't believe our babies are one already. Time flies! Life is so wonderful when you can share it with children. Being a mom is so fun. I've enjoyed hearing all about you through your mom. I'm in her Bible study group now. Take care!