Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Testing

Today we got unlimited internet! This is the first time it's come to Ulan Ude. I'm so excited because it means we can use the video cam with our families and post video clips on the blog. It's Anneka's bedtime, but I was so excited that I had Leif make her laugh so that we could get a little clip to try and post. This is an experiment. Yesterday we wanted to buy a gift certificate to a pizza place for the guy who invited us here for our guest visas. Leif went down the the restaurant and they didn't know how to do it. But they wanted it to work out, so they said they could call our friend and tell him about the "gift certificate" and then he could come and claim it. Great, we thought. But on the phone, the lady working told him that he had to come that day while she was working. And then after she got off the phone, she made Leif order the pizzas, beverages and types of salads for him and his wife! How embarrassing! So much for letting them have a nice dinner of whatever they wanted! They seemed thankful, but we feel a little bad about it. Okay, I'll close the post and see if this video clip works!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It works! How great to be able to see adorable
Anneka giggling!!! Baba

Erin said...

To fun!! She is getting so big, and it is so fun to see her laugh! Laughing babies make me laugh!!! I am glad to hear you are all doing well, you are all in my prayers!
Erin

DouloScott said...

Wow...that was adorable. She is sooooo cute. How fun to hear her but even more to hear all three of you.

Gina said...

so cute!!
thats great about your internet now!
:)
gina

James said...

hi
regards from Chile, Sudamerica
www.jlizamavera.blogspot.com
i found your blog when i looking for informtation about Ulan Ude.
Very nice pictures
I m a attorney in Chile
and a i like travel
this year i traved to Middle East, next year go to Estean Europe and after that i m no sure yet.
the last month i founded a very amazing tour : start in Buenos Aires to Moscow, train to Baikal lake, Mongolia, China and Hong Kong and finally a fligth to Buenos Aires.
I you visit Chile, just send a mail, we have a amazing places too.
regads
www.jlizamavera.blogspot.com
www.jlizamavera@gmail.com

This Is The Day said...

Oh my goodness! That was too cute!! I hit play and went away while it was buffering and all of the sudden I heard that precious little laugh coming out of the computer. It was so good to hear you guys! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

What a joy! Nothing more beautiful than happy laughter. GP & GM Great

Anonymous said...

Wow it's so great to hear her and it is wonderful to hear you guys too. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

She laughs for so long too! Is that tickle torture I see here? :o)