Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Greenbluff and God's Blessings




The leaves are turning beautiful colors and there is a definite crispness to the air. Autumn has come! I thought I would be sad when the reality sunk in that summer was over, but fall is a lovely time of year, I think. It seems too cold to be outside for long in the fall in Siberia, but here I'm fine in a jacket and jeans. So nice.

This past weekend we went to Greenbluff, the harvest area around here, with some friends. We walked through the corn maze (which really was quite impressive), drank apple cider, and saw "punkin' chuckin" where a farmer shoots a pumpkin 1500 feet through the air at a target in a field. Very impressive. We keep thinking that our baby is so manageable right now. She doesn't cry. She doesn't need to be changed. We want to take advantage of these moments!

Speaking of our baby, we received an incredible blessing from my parents' neighbors. They brought over a crib set (bedding, valance, diaper stacker, etc.) from their grandson to see if we would like to have it. The amazing thing is that it's EXACTLY the same set we registered for and picked out of all the other crib sets!! What a blessing. God loves to show how He is a part of even minute details like decorating a baby's room. It is so neat to see how he lavishly provides.

1 comment:

Gina said...

that is soooo cool about the bedding stuff!!! wow... by the way, you look great!! :) thats great too that you're having a bunch of fun and enjoying the weather and stuff ther.e I love spokane fall :)

love you and miss you! gina