Saturday, July 28, 2007

Around the Apartment




















We bought a crib and a high chair this week to prepare for baby Gustafson. The "free delivery" for these items was onto the road outside, even though we live on the third floor. I'm so glad I wasn't home alone when they came! Leif carried the crib up the first flight of stairs all by himself and then Irene helped. And now it's safely inside. Don't worry- we'll make sure something is done about the outlet and the heater next to the crib! Irene got us the colorful blanket in that's on display right now. We think a jungle theme would be cute for the nursery and will look for curtains and crib bedding in the States. Also, I made a wall hanging for our room that I've been wanting to do for awhile. It's basically just material over styrofoam, but I like it. It adds color. I really want to get some nice plants, but plants are sooo expensive here! The least expensive small ones are around $15 (and that doesn't include the pot). And big plants are astronomical. We're holding out, thinking that we'll come across just the right little stand that has great deals. It seems like plants would help to make the air cleaner... and they're just pretty.

4 comments:

Gina said...

your wall hangings are soooooo pretty! I want to do something like that too - what a great idea.

i love your baby stuff too - that is really cute! a jungle theme is so fun - great for boy OR girl! Isnt it so fun to get the baby's room together?! fun fun. can't wait to see you!!

Gina

Anonymous said...

hmmm...cheetah print? heehee

Anonymous said...

What is that animal on the blanket? :o)

I too giggle at a little cheetah print in the room...

Anonymous said...

Jungle theme is SO fun! I went to Babies R Us recently & was amazed to find that there are a million little girly jungle things!! Really fun.
Erin