Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Extreme Picnic

We have some pretty crazy people among the students that come to Compass, and that is where the idea of an "extreme picnic" came from. The youth club at our church thought this was a great idea and they joined in too. The centerpiece for this "extreme picnic" was the set up you see in the picture. Three good sized innertubes anchored to the back of Shannon's car. Actually Shannon was afraid she may drive too extreme and so Gardner and his son Andrew did the piloting for our little expedition. Things have been warming up so we were a little bit scared that things might melt and we would be sliding around in the mud instead of on the snow, but as you can see, our fears were unfounded. After everyone took a few rounds on the innertubes we cooked up hotdogs and everyone shared an extreme moment from their lives. Everyone enjoyed being whipped around behind the car, the conversations around the fire, and the giant soccer game we all played at the end. I can see this "extreme picnic" idea catching on.

1 comment:

DouloScott said...

That is so cool. I wanted to say hi while on my trip. Things here have been so amazing. I am right now in Paris and am using some CA staff members comuter. Their names are Justin and Jennifer and are really cool. Being here has really made me think globally and of you and what you are doing in Ulan Ude. I can understand what it is better that you are both doing as church planters. I love you both a ton and am praying for you.