Sunday, February 11, 2007

Leif's Birthday






Thank you to everyone who sent cards, emails, and gifts to Leif for his birthday!! We had fun bowling with our teammates and then came back to our apartment for German chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert. John gave a big speech upon presenting Leif with his gift (a wonderful tool box). This speech followed Russian tradition and was very wordy and lengthy.

The first picture is of Leif blowing out his candles. Elisabeth (from Germany) had never heard of or tried German Chocolate cake before. And incidently, it's much sweeter than any cakes in Germany. The second picture is the applause after the speech, and the third pic is at the bowling alley. I think it's funny because only Leif knew I was taking the picture and gave a huge grin for the camera.
Thank you, Mama Irene and Papa Eric, for having such a delightful boy!! =)

1 comment:

paintbrush said...

The cake looks great and I was wondering if the sugar used was unrefined and if that may be why it was so sweet.
It is so good to see pictures of you and your friends.
paintbrush