Thursday, January 18, 2007

May I Take Your Coat?

Okay, so a few days ago Jami wrote in a blog that she thinks I'm a cute driver. Well, I think that everyone will agree that she even cuter in her work as a coat checker! I know that some of you may be thinking that that is not exactly what we came here to do, and I can assure you it is not a part time job to supplement our salary. No, actually this is just Jami being her normal self and volunteering to do just about anything to help out. You see there was a concert being put on by a team from Canada at one of the large auditoriums in Ulan-Ude, and they needed someone to help with checking coats (that is a pretty regular thing with how much people have to wear in the cold winters here). It was so fun to see her working side by side with a lady who does this as her job. You can see in the picture that you have to deal with crowds in this line of work. I love that Jami felt comfortable doing this, and I think that is shows how well she is progressing in her language. It was great to be a part of this concert in this way. We did get to enjoy the show as well, and were particularly encouraged to see one young lady who works at a cafe we often go to near our school. Many of our relationships are still in their early stages, but it is encouraging to know that God is bringing different people into our lives, and that He will help to grow those relationships.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see God has not only gifted you two with servant hearts for Him, but cuteness for us on the homefront as well...

:)John, Krsiten & Abigail

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jami!!!!

Anonymous said...

i think you're both cute!

Anonymous said...

Very cute indeed. You both are so generous with your time! I bet you will have some funny memories of that night to tell us about someday. :o)

Anonymous said...

It's so good to see a picture of you! I miss having you around! You are so awesome! And as Stephanie said in another post--you crack me up! Of course, everyone cracks her up. :)

Anita :)